- Be sure to pick up your medications from your pharmacy.
- Valium 5 mg x 3 tablets
- Augmentin 875/125 mg x 10 tablets
- Purchase an athletic supporter (it should fit tightly).
The evening before your procedure:
- If needed, take 1 valium the evening before the procedure to help you sleep.
The day of your procedure:
- Don’t forget to have breakfast.
- Do not have too many beverages in the morning as you will not be able to leave to use the bathroom during the procedure.
- Completely shave your scrotum and take a shower.
- Take 1 valium 1 hour before the procedure.
- Bring an athletic supporter with you to the office.
- Bring the additional valium tablet with you to the procedure.
After your procedure:
- Conners will give you a prescription for oxycodone, which you can fill at the pharmacy in our building.
- Take antibiotics as directed.
- Ice scrotum for 30 minutes on, then 30 minutes off for the first two days when awake.
- Wear your athletic supporter at all times for two weeks (except when in shower).
- Do not take NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etic) for 7 days. Tylenol is OK.
- Do not shower for 48 hours after the procedure.
- You may return to light office work 5 days after the procedure. If your occupation requires more rigorous activity, Dr. Conners will provide specific restrictions for you.
- Do not take a bath, use a jacuzzi, hot tub or shower, or swim for 2 weeks.
- Do not go to the gym, running, participate in sports, or any other vigorous physical activity for 3 weeks.
- The sutures will absorb after a few weeks and do not need to be removed.
- If possible, please return to the office in 2 weeks for follow-up visit (no charge for this visit).
- Obtain a semen analysis in 2 months.
- Call the hospital or laboratory in advance to find out their specific requirements.
- In preparation for this semen analysis, abstain from ejaculation for a period of 3 days.
- The sample must be submitted to the laboratory within 1 hour and kept at room temperature.
- Call MetroWest Urology (508-655-4422) 2 days after submitting the sample to ensure we have the results.